Need to file custody, question about 6 month residency

My daughter and I moved to Texas for 15 months and just moved back 3 weeks ago. She, I and her father (whom which I was never married to) all now reside here in NC and I want to file for custody. I understand that we must live here for 6 months before NC has jurisdiction of the case BUT someone recommended that I may be able to request that NC take jurisdiction of the case sooner than 6 months since all involved parties now reside in NC and it is in everybody’s best interest to do so. Any suggestions on how I can request this?? I wanted to go down to the Self Serve Center and file the papers this week.

I asked this exact question last week =) Here’s the link to it: