No Overnight Guests Violated


My ex-wife and I have a no overnight guests clause in our custody agreement (signed by us and attorneys). I have learned that she has violated this agreement. What are my options?


Usually, to enforce a separation agreement, you must file a breach of contract action for her failure to follow the agreement.


And then what? What are the consequences for her?


As a general proposition, a separation agreement will be enforced in the same manner as any other contract, and damages will be available for breaches that give rise to damages. Where appropriate, specific enforcement may be available.

You could also file an action for custody and seek a new custodial arrangement altogether.