NON abandonment


any information on this topic would be greatly appreciated… i think i just posted a new topic asking about this. my bad.


A non abandonment agreement only deals with the issue of moving out and both parties agreeing not to use abandonment as a fault in alimony/post separation support. Unless someone has placed child support in the agreement, then no, you are not giving up any rights to child support. Also, if you have the children you cannot technically give up rights to child support. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


what consists in a non abandonment agreement and will i be giving up ANY rights to child support by signing one???