Other parent engaging in inappropriate behavior with a child

What form can I file with the courts if the other parent is involving our child in completely inappropriate behavior, yet doesn’t technically qualify as abuse? For arguments sake, lets say a father is showering with his 8, almost 9 year old daughter. I don’t know that an emergency order of protection is necessary. But I want to file a complaint with the court so they are aware of it and it’ll be officially considered during the final custody hearing. Thank you.

An emergency custody order will be granted if there is substantial risk of bodily injury or sexual abuse or there is a substantial risk that the child may be abducted or removed from the State of NC for the purpose of evading the jurisdiction of the NC courts.

You can file a custody complaint against the other parent to initiate a custody lawsuit and custody court case.

If there is an abuse or neglect situation, you can make a report to your county’s child protective services (CPS).

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.