Parental Alienation Horror


Currently my 8 year old daughter lives with her stepmom and father in the state of Texas. I reside in Washington, but I FaceTime my daughter every week for our mommy daughter dates since I gave the okay for her to live with her dad.

Her dad has done varies things to try and alienate my daughter especially when it comes to visitation. This last time has been the most detrimental to my child. My ex spouse is trying to stop me from going to her Birthday party even though my daughter says she would like me at the party.

I as a mother asked her if I could fly out to Texas if she would like me to attend her Birthday party, her face lit up and she nodded yes, right during that FaceTime moment her father took the phone away and said for me not to talk to her about it and is now trying to have me not fly out to see my daughter on her Birthday.

Key notes

My ex spouse and wife have sole custody but on our custody order I can of course attend special days and events such as Christmas and Birthdays. Note as well the custody order was made in NC but he has been residing in Texas for about 6 months or more…

I still want to fly out but need to get this handled with legal help sooner than later.

Is there a way I could find out if my ex husband and wife put in order in place in NC filing Child Custody Action stating the intent to move to Texas?

If he did not notify the court in Texas about the move at all I do believe he has violated the law… also can I open a civil law suit where Harlow resides in Texas? Get the ball rolling so my ex spouse stops the harm on my child’s emotional health.


You can check with the clerk’s office in the county in which the original NC custody order was filed to see if there were any modifications to the order or any other activity in the court file. This is unlikely because you must be served with any new motions before a court can make any orders.

To modify and enforce the NC order in Texas, you will need to register the custody order in Texas. Texas likely has jurisdiction now.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.