Perjury

Please, can someone answer the questions above for me? Are we even married? Thank you for your time.

I am in the process of researching the answer to your question. I want to be certain that I reply correctly, so I appreciate your patience.

Meg Miller
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I understand, and I appreciate the time you take out of your own busy schedule to help others.
I wanted to add a few things(in case it matters). His ex wife lives in CA, and has no intentions of bringing this up. It would be a whole lot easier to get this over with if we were never married to begin with. Who knows, he may even admit to the perjury to get out of alimony and e.d. The house is in both of our names. We have 2 children.

quote:
Originally posted by Meg Miller
I am in the process of researching the answer to your question. I want to be certain that I reply correctly, so I appreciate your patience.

Meg Miller
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Dear almostdone:

Greetings. The perjury of your spouse will help you - to show his bad behavior, but it may not help you in proving that you have a legitimate marriage. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

Thank you. Does this mean alimony and e.d. are out of the question? Are we married?

Dear almostdone:

Greetings. It all depends on all the circumstances of the marriage. One of my colleagues, Scott Corl, found case law saying that we presume there never was a marriage. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

My husband and his ex wife committed perjury to get their divorce over with sooner than the year waiting period. If by chance our divorce ends up in court, rather than being settled through mediation will this perjury help me or hurt me[?] We were married before the actual year was up for them. They were seperated for 4 months when their divorce was final. Also, can I use this perjury to help me through the negotiation process[?] Is it a big deal[?] Thank you very much.