Post Separation Support

You can pursue a claim for spousal support, but you should go ahead and ask for alimony before you and he are divorced. Otherwise, you will lose the right to do so. You should also pursue a claim for equitable distribution of te property, since it appears you got nothing after you and he separated.

Talk to an attorney in your area about the details of your case.

Good luck,

Shonnese D. Stanback
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.256.1534 direct voice
919.256.1667 direct fax
919.787.6668 main voice
919.787.6361 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My husband earns about 4500.00 month. I am currently unemployed and we have one child. I have no other source of income. The marriage lasted a little over ten years and I was a stay at home mom during the marriage. He currently pays 650.00 in child support. We have been separated for almost 3 years. My husband retained all property/assets after separation.

Is it too late to ask for post separation support?
Can I reasonably expect PSS and if so, in what amount?