Property question

Dear worriedmom:

Greetings. Yes, you should immediately send him a letter advising him of his obligation, copying the separation agreement in the letter. If he does not comply, you can file a breach of contract lawsuit against him.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I have a vechicle I was supposed to get in the agreement. He has yet to sign it over and will not register it so for 8 months I have been unable to drive it legally. It’s the only vechicle that fits all my kids. It is in his name only. The vechicle he drives is in both our names and is registered. Is it possible at all to make him hand it over since he is violated our agreement and not taken care of the issue? I know it’s a long shot but it’s the only car that has my name on it.