I you asking how you can force him to accept title of these properties in his name?

If he will not accept the title, and you no longer wish to have it, the best option may be to sell the property and give him the proceeds.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I have been separated from my spouse for 2 years. I have 5 homes and all the deeds are solely in my name. Three of these homes were given to my spouse by his brother but he is not credit worthy enough to put them in his name and outside of that he is a recovering addict who has since relapsed. For the last 3 months, I have had to make the mortgage payments on these 3 houses with no assistance from him. I am getting ready to file for divorce and I don’t really want these properties and he has been trying to find someone to put the properties in their name to no avail. What recourse do I have in this matter? Also would I be able to file for divorce with the do-it-yourself kit with the property issues?