If you haven a signed separation agreement which says husband is to transfer money to wife’s IRA via a QDRO at the time of execution of the agreement, but it still has not been done at the time of the divorce hearing, should this issue be brought up during the divorce hearing? Can you request a continuance until the QDRO is drafted and presented to the judge based on the agreement? How do you make sure you don’t lose this claim for the QDRO?

In your answer to the complaint for absolute divorce you need to ask for your claims for Equitable Distribution to preserved for the purposes of entry of QDRO at a later date. The same language needs to be reflected in the judgement for absolute divorce.