I answered this already. See my other answer. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I am officially divorced but I received an email from my ex-husband about the QDRO process within the courts, in order for me to receive my distribution. It is written in our settlement that he is to take care of the QDRO (which he does have a rough draft copy of it), but he is stating that there needs to be some sort of form within the actual “divorce files” stating that there will be a QDRO and equitable distribution. I no longer have representation in North Carolina, and it would cost a lot just to get this one question answered. Can anyone help?