Dear feleciaj:

Greetings. You can file an action for custody of the minor children. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I have been marry to the same man for 19 years going on 20 years…Found out he had a child by another women whom he has been having an affair with thats 5 years old…then3 mths ago found out he has a second child with this women… We have 3 children and a fourth on the way…what rights do I have as the wife, and I was setting up all the visit, but now she won’t allow us to see the kids w/o her? What can we do?