Questions!

Dear Leanna:

Greetings. I am not sure what your specific question is, but here goes. If you have filed a complaint for child support and need to amend the language therein, you may need to file a Motion to Amend the Complaint and an Amended Complaint. Also, there are two affidavits generally associated with child support, to wit: the financial affidavit and the affidavit if there is a hearing on affidavits for temporary child support. Best of luck and let us know if we can help.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Thank you.

My attorney has filed these after our divorce came final. He stated that we had to file these, because we didn’t file for CS when we filed the divorce. Does this help?

My attorney is hard to talk too. He always has his paralegal explain things and personally I don’t care for her. Now, his paralegal called me yesterday and was telling me that the amended CS has been moved up to June, it was suppose to be done on the 24th. What happens when a child support order is served on the NCP. Does he have another 30 days to answer? Will I EVERY receive CS?

Thanks again for your answer.

Dear Leanna:

Greetings. Our attorneys do not use paralegals for exactly the reason your discussed, as we like our clients to have one-on-one communication with their attorney in our office.

The definitions I gave you the first time for the documents still apply and are correct.

Also, I don’t know what you mean by NCP? Let me know so I can answer your question. Thanks.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Thank you!

The answer to your question,“NCP”, means non-custonial-parent, without child. “CP” is custonial-parent, one with child. This is what I use instead of legal words. Sorry!

Again, thank you for your time to answer these post.

Thanks for the clarification!

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

Hi.
Would someone please explain to me what the following means:

1. Preparation of Motion and Amended Child Support Complaint.
  2. Preparation of Child Support Affidavit.

I would like to say THANKS for your time on these posts. The information received here, is very much appreciated.