Quit claim deed?

The house is deeded in both of our names but the mortgage is only in mine. He has stated that I can keep the house. What is the best way to remove him from the deed? Do I need to refinance and just leave him off the new deed or is this when a quit claim deed comes into play?

Since he not on the mortgage anyways you guys can just do a quit claim.

He needs to execute a deed to transfer his interest to you.

Does that deed need to be filed prior to any refinance of the property? Is a QCD part of the available Rosen DIY paperwork or will it need to be done separately?