Dear Alincary,

If the parties resumed their marital relationship when she moved in, it would end the separation and a new period of separation would begin when she moved back in. Whether they resumed their marital relationship depends on the specific facts of the case.

She may need to amend her Separation Agreement, it depends on what the Agreement says about reconciliation.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I would like to know if a woman is legally separated, leaves for 7 months, goes back to her ex for 10 days and moves back to where she went when she left him, does she need to amend a new separation agreement or does the old one stay the same. Also, being se moved back for 10 days, does the date of separation change?

alan stewart