Separated and moving with kids

My husband and I are separated and we have 2 kids together. There are no separation paper and no custody papers envolved. Im moving out of state and i have talked to my husband and he is fine with me moving out of state and taking the kids. Is there anything else i need to do to make sure its ok? That way i dont run into any issues once i move

It would be a good idea to enter into a separation agreement that address custody which expresses that there is an agreement between the parties that you will move out of state with the minor children and sets forth what visitation will be for the father.

A parent can file for emergency ex parte custody if he/she believes that a parent is removing the children from the State of NC for the purpose of evading jurisdiction of the NC courts.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.