Separation Agreement

Greetings from lostlady. I just wamted to inform you of my good luck. While browsing through previous emails that Mr. Rosen had answered, I found the N.C. Bar Association’s Online Lawyer Referral Service, N.C.FindALawyer. I contacted their website, filled out a questionaire, gave info that was necessary for them to help my particular situation and, BOOM!, they provided me with a compatible attorney that I can afford. And I will be contacting him today to take care of appt. and day and time of same. You have no idea what a tremendous burden/fear this has removed from my life. For the first time in over two years I feel optimistic. Also, it there is anyone at all who cannot afford a reputable attorney for whatever reason, but you know you deserve fair, intelligent and capable representation (just like your spouse), I urge you to contact this service. They don’t beat around the bush, they are very professional and the site is totally easy to navigate. Thank you Rosen Firm. I am most grateful and happily impressed!! Respectfully yours, lostlady

Dear lostlady:

Great to hear that some additional searching on our website was able to give you the answer you seek. Let us know how you are doing!

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My spouse is sending me a revised Separation Agreement but tells me I have to hurry and sign it as it takes a couple of weeks for the courts to okay it. Isn’t it true that the court has nothing to do with this until we agree on it, both sign it and then offer it to the court as part of the final divorce, etc.??? Is he just trying to rush me through this so I won’t notice that not that much has been revised? He is still expecting me to waive my right to alimony and property we co-own, it’s just worded a little differently. And yes, I’m the one who has been married for forty years! Also, could Mr. Rosen or someone else in the firm give me the web address I seem to have lost. It is for the attorneys group who work inexpensively with clients who have no means of obtaining monies rightfully theirs, etc. I will be most grateful for your help. Respectfully, lostlady