[:(]How can i get my name off the morage? [xx(]

The way to eliminate your liability for the mortgage is to pay it off. That’s why some separation agreements call for refinancing the mortgage. Most mortgage lenders will not remove someone from a mortgage.

Lee S. Rosen
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

We seperated Feb13, 2005 Because of his adult son…living with us for 9 months, paying nothing. I agreed for him to live with us for 3 months , he had been in prison , covicted felon had to live with for 6 months house arrest. we seperated becase he would not ask his son to leave , he has made payments on house sinse i left, he has now decided to move out and let his son live there… i do not agree with this , the house is in both of our names…i am afraid of him living there he has done things in the past that warrents me to think he will do illegal things…i guess my question is legally can i stop his son from moving in … i am half owner. Thank-you