Setting Court Dates

I was advised by my attorney that if a date is not setup by the filing Party, re: counterclaim for Equitable Distribution the court usually sets a date. Is this true?

Is a IPTC hearing and a counterclaim for Equitable Distribution one and the same, or are they two different hearings?

I asked the Family Court Case Coordinator of Mecklenburg County Family Court and was advised “I have no answers to your questions. Please seek your attorney for any further clarification on the issues in your case”.

My counterclaim for Equitable Distribution was filed Jan 6, 2012 over one year ago. I have a IPTC hearing scheduled for Mar 2013.

Your attorney is right.

The initial pretrial conference is not the same thing as a counterclaim for equitable distribution. It is a conference to discuss the status of the case and set a trial date.

My attorney never told me that they were one and the same. That is why I asked you on this forum. My attorney filed the counterclaim for Equitable Distribution on Jan 6, 2012 over one year ago. I never got a hearing date.

The first part of my question was never answered:
I was advised by my attorney that if a date is not setup by the filing Party, re: counterclaim for Equitable Distribution the court usually sets a date. Is this true?

I was also told by my attorney that the setup of the IPTC hearing date is automatically set by the court. Is this true?

When I said “your attorney is right” that was to answer your first part. If a hearing date is not set by a party, the court will eventually set it. Same with the pre-trial conference.

As I stated, they are not the same thing. Perhaps you should speak with your attorney for clarification so that you understand the difference between the claim itself and the conference.