Simplest divorce scenario imaginable

Is there a way to shortcut the waiting periods, etc? My ex and I agree that we want to divorce. There are no children, no property disputes, nothing that needs to be done. Can we do an “Acceptance of Service” instead of Certified Mail? Can he file a “Response to Complaint” that will by pass the 30 days? What is the most efficient way to handle this?


Take a look at our Absolute Divorce page:

This has lots of information, including a sample Acceptance of Service you can use. A defendant has 30 days to respond to a complaint served on him/her (called an “answer”). A defendant can file an answer in less than 30 days joining in the request of the plaintiff for an absolute divorce. Check with the county you will be filing in for calendaring procedures.