Spouse responded to complaint - Now what


Dear niknik25:

Greetings. No, you do not need to file an affidavit of service if he answered and agreed to all the complaint allegations. Now, you do set the Notice of Hearing. Thank you and good luck!

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.



I have used your website to file a do it yourself divorce. So far things have been pretty successful. But I am unclear as to what my next step should be. I served my spouse via certified mail and he sent a response of agreement for the divorce. So do I even need to file an affidavit of service, because unfortunately he let his mother sign the green card. Or because he filed a response do I just go to the next step which would be the Notice Of Hearing? I’m confused on how to proceed from here. Any advice?

I also wanted to say that this website has been a huge help. Thank you so much for an easy alternative to a great big headache.