STBX claims both on taxes

Dear ARTHURP:

Greetings. Which ever one of you had the children even one more overnight per year gets to claim the children on taxes in the event that the court did not state in your court order who would claim the children.

If you had the children, file a motion to show cause. If she had the children even one more overnight, file a motion to modify child support to ask the court for one of the deductions. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Dear miss Fritts
Thank you so much for the reply you have been very busy from what I see but again thank you.
She has already filed her taxes I asked her why and said to bad and she said that she knew that was wrong but to bad I went to the IRS about this and they told me to file by mail and that you and her will get audited I asked her how long will this take over 3 years for this I said WOW that long. I told the STBX this and hse was not happy about this and I told that she will be paying them back plus a fine and interest for this.
Now she wants to talk again selling the children to me for 60K what to do? What a long story and getting boring too LOL
Again thank you for all
Bye for now

Please tell me you recorded her offering to sell human beings for 60k… Children are entrusted to the care of their parents. Parents do not own them.

jnewman

I had a similar situation last year and I called the IRS directly. They stated that if I am entitled to claim one or both of the children and that there was an inaccurate filing on her part, that I would have to paper file (the old fashioned way) and they would sort it out. If it turns out that she did in fact misfile, she would be obligated to pay the government back the difference. Hope this helps some.

Dear ARTHURP:

How about you stop talking to her and just follow your court orders? That would be my suggestion on what to do now. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I filed what everyone loves to do every year, that we must do by law? LOL the taxes. The STBX filed for both of our children we have a court order for 50/50 no more no less time with the children. I asked her about this and she said that it is not in writing and I can do what I want I said to her that you know that is not right she said to bad I have all this junk on tape. Now my taxes that I filed was rejected both fed and state now what to do? Yes get the attorneys involved again more money out the door and more time wasted because of her[:(].
This is getting to a point that the law needs to get involved with this more like the goverment needs to be doing this. What can be done to her? just a slap on the hands, or you cannot do that, or but sorry sir you should have filed faster what is right and what is wrong? This person thinks she can do what she wants with the law and here I am following the law.
Will the judge look at her like the only thing she wants is money some of my postings say how she is and wants MONEY not the children am I mad you bet this has gone on for far far to long. I hope no one has gone though what I have gone though this a soap opera its time to get this story over and move on with life
Sorry for bla bla blaing on just need to get this off my chest and find out what are my rights
Thank you so much everyone gods love to all
Bye for now[:D]