I want OUT. Too many years of verbal abuse. I wrote her I want a Separation PERIOD.
I said it would be best for our kids - with us not fighting. I listed all the things we should discuss.
I said No Lawyers, unless to Review anything before either of us signs.
I said “we can do this - as Civil, Mature Adults”. I said we do not need to retain Lawyers, spent Thousands of Dollars, neither of us has.
Heck we could not afford Hundreds of Dollars either. I said we could get as far as we can on the “non volitile issues” then pay for a mediator or get a third party person who is impartial to assist / referee on issues we can not agree on.
A few days later we spoke about all this.
She simply stated:
- She will Not sell the house - ever (as she and I are both on the Mortgage, I have to have her agreement to sell)
- She will NOT “sign” “Anything”.
I asked not even a Sep Agreement - She said - “Nothing”.
- She said I will remain “Civil”, unless you push me to sell the house.
OK…so Now what do I do ?
What are my options (withOUT having to Retain a Lawyer ?).
My main concerns are:
- Ensuring my leaving does Not allow her to nail me for Abandonment.
(I have not left yet)
- Get her to sell the house as quickly as we can. I pay ALL the Bills, including Mortgage. She does not Work - by CHOICE.
I can’t afford paying for all the utilities, plus Mortgage after I leave (plus Alimony, Child Support too !).
- Open access to my children, which she will do everything in her power to lie & accuse me of being “not safe” for our children to be around.
Kids - 14 & 6