Unstable environment


Lee S. Rosen
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My ex has just moved my children for the 5th or 6th time in past 5 1/2 years. In addition to this one of my children has instant messaged me several times at 4 and 5 a.m , stating their mother is out with some friends. I went to pick them up one time for summer visitation and there was one man sleeping in “mom’s” bed and two other men in the living room ( they were supposedly babysitting the children the night before and one them was a teenager) One of my children has stated for the past 4 years that he wants to live with me (he’ll be 12 in a few months). My son was made to sleep in his mother’s room last summer, as their mother had rented out his room to some “exchange students”. In your opinion, would a judge consider things like this (with proof) grounds to re-hear custody?