Urgent: Custody

Can a child custody case be filed in case one of the parent has not continuously stayed in North Carolina for the last 6 months and is a resident of another country?

Both parents don’t need to reside in North Carolina in order to bring a custody action in North Carolina. To learn about the jurisdictional requirements, read our article discussing which state has jurisdiction in custody cases.