Waiting period for proceedings

I’m glad you have found our site to be helpful!

If I’m reading your question correctly, you are wondering if there is a statute of limitations on your pending claims for alimony, spousal support, etc.? If you have already filed a claim, you are not running out of time. Once the action has been filed, any statutes of limitations that were running have stopped running. Since your action has been filed, and you have already answered, this is not a problem for you. I’m sorry you are not getting much feedback from your husband’s attorney. It sounds like your attorney is doing everything they can do to push things along. If you and your attorney haven’t begun the discovery phase of your case, maybe that will push things along for you. Talk to your attorney about the specifics of your future strategy.

Good luck!

Shonnese D. Stanback
Attorney
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.256.1534 direct voice
919.256.1667 direct fax
919.787.6668 main voice
919.787.6361 main fax
NCdivorce.com
email: sstanback@rosen.com

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Hello .
I really appreciate this site and visit quite often to get information,and read other post.

Carolina girl had a question about alienation of affection, and said the 3 year statue of limitations would be running out for her soon.
Does this apply to all aspects of divorce, such as alimony, spousal support, etc.? And does this time period start after the divorce has been granted, or from date of separation? I’m having a hard time getting a court date for divorce from my wife’s attorney.He filed the papers in April,I responded,and the reply from him was filed in July. My lawyer doesn’t know what to do. She’s sent him faxes, letters, and left voice mails, with no response. This is only the divorce hearing, and we still have property division to go through.Any advice or suggestions sure would be helpful.