Wanting to modify my custody agreement


My ex and I recently went to court for a change in a custody agreement. We now share them every other week. The problem is that my ex wanted it were my current boyfriend could not be around the children, and out of fear of losing them all together I agreed, I tense up everytime its time for me to speak and I have allowed him to bully me around in court since our son now 8 was 8months old. I would like to modify it were my boyfriend can be around my kids he is great with them and they ask about him all the time. I am just lost on how to fill out the motion to modify papers. Just wondering if you could help me or point me in the right direction. Thank you


The standard to modify custody is always the best interests of the child. You must show that there has been a substantial change in circumstances affecting the best interests of the children in order to get a court order regarding custody modified to take out the provision about the boyfriend not being allowed around the children. You can also do this via a consent order if you can convince the father that your boyfriend would be a good influence around the children. If agrees, then a consent order would be the best way to do it. Otherwise, you will have to file the modification with the court and the burden of proof will be on you.