What happens if he withdraws lots of cash

Dear rosie:

Yes, if he withdraws cash from your accounts, he must give the court an accounting of the funds and/or give the funds back to the marriage in the final equitable distribution. It is best to get a restraining order if you believe this is going to happen or is happening. Best of luck and let us know if we can help.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

from our accounts - do I have any recourse? I can’t tell what the money was spent as the check was just made out to cash…