Where do I start?

I need assistance, I just moved to NC about 11 months ago. I am trying to obtain a separation from my spouse. This move to NC was supposed to make our marriage better. I did tell him if this move did not work that I would file for separation. I refuses to move out of the house because his name is on the lease, but I pay all of the bills, including the rent. What can I do? Any suggestions?