A mod. in CS due to custody Mod

YOu don’t need your lawyer to file a motion to modify support. Do not “pause” support - it will come back to bite you!

Thanks! I definitely don’t want any biting from THAT dog! [8D]

Dear jodell:

Greetings. Yes, you can file a motion to modify child support. There are motions on the www.nccourts.org website. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Through mediation and as of the first of the year, I now have split/joint custody (every other week) of my daughter. I am a stay at home dad with income of less than 20K/yr. My current wife and I have a 19mo and a son due in May. I/we want to end CS (480/mo) NOW. Can I submit a Motion for Modification of Child Support to stop OR can I “pause” support until the details are worked out? My laywer is “dragging” his feet and it’s already Feb. According to the CS Calc She owes me! Revenge is SWEET [:p]

PS: I tried to find the answer within the existing posts but that is a bunch of reading! [:D]