Dear blessedman64:

Greetings. I am not sure what papers you want to file, as there is no such thing as filing for abandonment papers. You can file to distribute your property, ask for alimony, child custody, child support, or for a divorce after you have been separated for one year. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


How can I file abandoment papers for my wife who walked out on the marriage?