Abandonement card

Abandonment is when one person terminates the cohabitation against the other’s will. Visiting relatives may or may not be abandonment, depending on her intent to return. Did she say she was just visiting? Has she taken all of her belongings? Also, you would have to show that her leaving was not mutually agreeable. Abandonment could play in to whether or not you have to pay her any alimony.

Amy K. Kirkhum
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCdivorce.com
(919)787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

me and my wife are having serious issues that are past the point of return although im wondering how to dissolve our arraingement i was told to play the abandonement card because she has recently left our household to visit her relatives shes been gone a month what is the definition of abandonement and does it apply