Absolute divorce response


Dear Catherine2006:

Greetings. You need to speak with an attorney. This website is not a substitute for hiring your own attorney and since we have clients that we must care for, we can only work on this website when our client concerns are met and being dealt with appropriately. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My ex has filed for absolute divorce. I live out of the states and the court and his attorney have my new address but I have not seen the stipulations to his request for absolute divorce. I hestitate in agreeing to this until I see guidlines to his request. My fear is without seeing the stipulatons that I may lose any rights to my children, or my posessions. I do not have a lawyer to counsel me on this and I need to respond soon. Do I request in writing to my exs lawyer and the court to see what this absolute divorce outlines??? Please help ASAP. Time is of the essence…