Absolute divorce

Dear Catherine2006:

Greetings. There are sample answers on our website but be careful of waiving your equitable distribution and alimony claims. I suggest you find the money to speak with an attorney, even if only for a consultation. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I just recieved an order that my ex-is filing for an absolute divorce. I have done some research on absolute divorce and want to know how to respond to this. I only have 30 days to aknowledge this order. I cannot afford a lawyer and want to make sure to handle this properly and swiftly.