Absolute Divroce w/ non us spouse



So it would seem that my future ex wife wants to stay in the states and not go back to her country. She plans on filing her own petition b/c i dont intend on assisting her with her own immigration goals. The 3 ways she could file on her own is divorce waiver , extreme hardship waiver , or abuseive spouse wavier? Because I found out she was bisexual and i wasnt comfortable in the marriage anymore because of the deceit she is trying to use all methods to stay in the states. I have evidence incase its needed . Since were in NC the 1 year separation has to be done for absolute divorce


Your wife can file for absolute divorce in NC as long as she has been a resident of the State of North Carolina for the six months preceding the filing of the action and she meets the other absolute divorce requirements:

(1) there is a valid, lawful marriage between you and her
(2) at least one of you separated with the intent to remain permanently separate and apart, and
(3) both spouses have lived continuously separate and apart for at least one year

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.