Dear carolina:

Greetings. I have no idea how they are “legally” doing it, but get an attorney involved immediately before they tank the business or do something else that makes it harder for you to get your fair share. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My husband nd I have owned and operated a construction buisness for the past 13 years, have been married 19. The seperation was his idea and now I cant get any cooperation out of the accountant, we are incorporated, I am the VP of the corp and he (accountant) has already told me once that I have to have a subpoena for my buisness records or my husbands permission. Our corporate taxes were sent today without me ever having a chance to see them or make copies. It is a long process to get documents from the IRS and also expensive. How can either one of them legally do this and get by with it?[:(!]