You need to get a corporate attorney to assist you with this, unfortunately this is not my area of expertise.

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

My wife and I own a professional sevices company. When she left she took out all the working capital out of our corporate bank account and got our CPA to give her all our financial records despite the fact she and I had agreed with the CPA where he would write our payroll and other financial matters. I have not been allowed to view our company records in 8 months and have sent many letters to the CPA requesting to look at our books. She has started paying herself a huge salary, opened a new corporate bank account and now representing herself as President of the company which she is not. She and her attorney have cut me out of the business I founded that we own 50-50. She plans to file our corporate taxes without my participation. I have a divorce attorney but she claims she can not do anything about this. How can this happen and can I do anything about my situation?