Adultery after separation...w/ pregnancy as proof

I am sorry you are going through this. You should be able to get post separation support. You should be able to get alimony. You should be getting child support. You need to file a lawsuit to get it/them. I would recommend contacting his commanding officer. This kinda falls under the heading “conduct unbecoming”.

Good luck

quote:
[i]Originally posted by don5327[/i] [br]I am sorry you are going through this. You should be able to get post separation support. You should be able to get alimony. You should be getting child support. You need to file a lawsuit to get it/them. I would recommend contacting his commanding officer. This kinda falls under the heading "conduct unbecoming".

Good luck

Thank you for your kind words! Unfortunately his chain of command knew of the affair but will do nothing. I guess I’ll have to leave that to karma.
I will be awaiting his arrival back stateside so I can go forward and file for support. He is overseas and has been, so my hands are tied when it comes to filing paperwork. Will I lose out on postseparation support since I wasn’t given a chance to do it through the court? Or is only child support backdated?

I would file for child support sooner rather than later. You can only get retro child support from the day you ask for it. Do not wait until he gets back.

“filing” is a term you will see often. You need to have an attorney do the paper work and file it with the court for temporary custody of your child. This is a type of lawsuit. Eventually you will get child support (maybe). To gain permanent custody you will need either a voluntary support order (signed by him) or one signed by a judge. These orders stipulate how much child support will be paid. Before a judge awards permanent custody you (both of you) must go through the count mandated parenting classes. Then custody mediation. If you still don’t agree then the judge will decide.

I would file the ED lawsuit sooner rather than later. You can serve him via registered letter. APO should deliver that.

We discussed this question on yesterday’s LIVE show at around the 24:40 mark.

radio.rosen.com/2008/09/04/nc-di … er-3-2008/

Want to talk live with a Rosen attorney? Join us for NC Divorce Talk Radio LIVE - every Wednesday at 11 a.m. EST. Visit radio.rosen.com/live for more information.

My husband’s mistress is pregnant. We have been separated over a year, this woman was the one he moved out of our home to live with. He brought her around his family and our child even spent time at the womas house and saw them make out weeks before I was told it was over. I have a few pictures of them embracing- dated a year before we separated. Both of them are military members.

Can all this be used for adultery? Or is the fact that she got pregnant after the separation mean that I cannot use it as leverage for temporary alimony? We have been married 6 years- I only worked half that time.

Thank you for your time and response.