Adultery - prosecute?

You sound like you are looking for a reason to get money, at least he waited until you seperated before he got involved with someone-else so why can’t you move on with your life he is, this is the reason why the system needs an adjustment because of people like this.

Dear margie:

Greetings. You can call the district attorney in your office to try to have them prosecute an adultery case.

True, the affair must occur during the marriage to affect alimony.

You may have a claim for criminal conversation though. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I am certain that my separated ex has and is committing adultery. However, my lawyer says that no DA would prosecute an adultery case. My understanding is that basically my ex can do anything or anyone he wants once he has moved out. I have to pin an affair/relationship on him pre-separation to get anything in terms of alimony. Does he just get away with adultery? My lawyer says I wouldn’t have any damages since my husband was already moved out before starting the relationship. Can I do anything? Help!