Adultery

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mrs. D[/i] [br]I have the same problem as dkperry. I found about this affair 4 years ago and it's still going on. He use to call her on his cell, until I found out. Then he started using phone cards. Which I later found. Then he had her calling his job. His co-workers even know about the affair. He told her with me standing there, to stop all phone calls and he would not call her again. The following month, he went out and purchased another phone card and starting calling again. He brought her a heart necklace for Valentine's Day last year. And also lied about her being married. I have copies of the her cell phone bills, which shows the numerous calls made to him at work and I'm trying to find out how can I get the phone records from his employment as well. He has a new cell number which he has given her to call him and I heard a recording from his voice memo of the two of the talking, about him coming to Charlotte to lay beside her. I even put a recorder in his car and recorded a conversation between the two of them. He has made several calls from his other cell phone to her. So I'm trying to get those records as well. His employer supplied him with this phone. He still lying about the affiar, thinking that I had nothing to prove, he's been unfaithful. Can I sue her for adultery, with what I have so far? Three years she left a message on his cell, that she came to baltimore to spend time with and she was upset that he did no show up. He didn't show up because their was a snow storm. She left a message that he would find out about the test results soon enough. Can I have her medical records pulled as well? I not sure if she was pregnant or just had an infection.

Dear Mrs. D:

Greetings. You need to contact the district attorney in the county where you live to see if you can have someone charged with adultery. You cannot sue someone for adultery. You may mean alienation of affection and/or criminal conversation, but that is not what you asked. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I have the same problem as dkperry. I found about this affair 4 years ago and it’s still going on. He use to call her on his cell, until I found out. Then he started using phone cards. Which I later found. Then he had her calling his job. His co-workers even know about the affair. He told her with me standing there, to stop all phone calls and he would not call her again. The following month, he went out and purchased another phone card and starting calling again. He brought her a heart necklace for Valentine’s Day last year. And also lied about her being married. I have copies of the her cell phone bills, which shows the numerous calls made to him at work and I’m trying to find out how can I get the phone records from his employment as well. He has a new cell number which he has given her to call him and I heard a recording from his voice memo of the two of the talking, about him coming to Charlotte to lay beside her. I even put a recorder in his car and recorded a conversation between the two of them. He has made several calls from his other cell phone to her. So I’m trying to get those records as well. His employer supplied him with this phone. He still lying about the affiar, thinking that I had nothing to prove, he’s been unfaithful.
Can I sue her for adultery, with what I have so far?