Getting Phone records

Dear cinnwall,

What your attorney has told you is correct, it is best to request the records from the other party first. Requesting phone records from the phone compnay is often very costly and your attorney is probably trying to save you that expense. If you believe the records have been altered once you receive them, you can request them directly from the phone company and hold your Husband accountable for producing fraudulent records.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My husband left me in Oct. and met a woman in Oct. as well. I am trying to find out if he met her prior to him leaving me, this could help greatly w/ my custody case. I told my attorney that I want to get a copy of his cell phone records, he has sprint. My attorneys assistant said that they would probably have to contact my husbands attorney and make my husband produce these. I know my husband will either not produce them or will alter them in some way. Is there another way to get this info w/out going through my husband? He is still seeing this girl and claims to have found his “soulmate”, however at the expense of our 12 yr. marriage and 3 kids. I am still so upset about this, please answer.