Advice please

i THINK YOU SHOULD TRY TO GET FULL CUSTODY AND IF HER FAMILY SEES WHATS GOING ON THEN INCLUDE THEM BUT MAKE SURE THEY ARE AWARE OF WHAT YOU ARE PLANNING TO DO, IF HER FAMILY IS CONCERNED ABOUT THE WELL BEING OF YOUR CHILD THEN THEY SHOULD DO THE RIGHT THING, THE WORSE THING THAT CAN HAPPPENED IS NOTHING CHANGE BUT AT LEAST YOU WOULD HAVE BROUGHT IT TO THE COURTSS ATTENTION ABOUT HER BEHAVIOR. YOU KEEP ON BEING A GOOD FATHER. GOOD LUCK

Just the fact that she admits to being drunk while getting pregnant this time should say enough about her character and how she is raising your daughter. The best thing for you to do is hire an attorney and start getting some witnesses and/or statements about her instability. Start a notebook with the dates and times you call her grandmothers house and she is not there. Get some evidence in your favor. From what I have read, I see no reason why a judge would not favor you.

And good for you for stepping up at 16 and taking care of your daughter. Continue to do the right thing and be a positive part of her life and you can’t lose.

can anyone recommed any attorneys in the winston salem area?

Your facts are compelling and relevant for seeking a modification to custody. It would be at the discretion of the Judge whether it would be in your child’s best interests to modify your current custody order.

Good luck.

Deborah M. Throm
Rosen Law Firm
1829 E. Franklin Street, Bldg. 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.265.0017 direct
919.321.0780 main voice
www.rosen.com
Email: dthrom@rosen.com

4101 Lake Boone Trail
Suite 500
Raleigh, NC 27607
919.256.1544 direct
919.787.6668 main voice

301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
704.644.2531 ext. 100

on november 17, 2003 my daughter was born, i was 16 years old. The continued involvement of family members lead to the separation of the mother and I. Because i was not being allowed to see my daugher i decided to fight for my visitation as well as joint custody. I was granted both by june of 2004. The mother now has become unstable this is not only know by me but also by her own family. She lives with her grandmother since she dislikes her parents.Her grandmother which was the one who use to deny me from seein my daughter and accused to things which were not true now has apologized for everything that happened since she now sees how the mother lies. The mother now being 17 is again pregnant by her boyfriend, She claims to have been drunk when they had unprotected sex. There is no way she can support or take care of two kids now. She is almost never home, my daughter is usually under the care of her grandmother. Last week my daughter became sick and because the mother failed to renew her medicare I had to pay the doctor visit as well as medication. The free time the mother has she usually spends it out with friends or boyfriend. And when she is at home all she does is talk on her phone all day long(this was said by her grandmother). Her friends are people that are or have been arrested for roberies or assualts, but she claims she does not brings my kid around them. I have gotten to the point to where i have become really concerned about my kid. i take great care of my daughter and even her own family has thank me for being such a great father since most men dont worry about their children and me at age 18 put my kid as my main priority. We have joint custody and i just need to know if this is enough to try and ask for full custody.
thank you in advance