Affair with a lawyer

Dear hurtvet:

Greetings. If the man lives in NC, then yes, you can sue him here. Your wife may have a claim for sexual harassment, but that would be a question for an attorney that deals with sexual harassment, not me. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I just found out my wife of 18 years has been having an affair with her boss, a senior partner in a law firm. He is 51, married with 3 kids. We have 2 kids. While we both work in North Carolina, we live in South Carolina. I am trying to work things out, but I fear that this lawyer has too much to lose if his wife or partners at the firm find out. My question is this; is there any way for me to file any action against this man in the state of North Carolina even though I live in South Carolina. Additionally, is there any case for a Sexual Harassment case since he is the one that holds all the power over her? If so, can I file a sexual harassment suit against him and his firm?