Alienation of Affection NC/SC


Dear surprised2manytimes:

Greetings. Yes, you are likely able to bring a lawsuit against her in NC. How often did she meet up with your husband in NC?

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I feel I have a very strong Alienation of Affection/Criminal Conversation case, but I live in SC. The married woman that broke up my marriage resides in NC. She is currently separated from her husband, as he caught her with my husband. Even though she is a resident in NC and I reside in SC, can I still bring charges against her in NC?

Thanks for your help!