Alienation of Affection

Can a spouse still sue the other woman if the married couple work out their marriage and do not move apart or divorce in NC? Example going to marriage counseling ?

No, if you reconcile after discovering the affair, you no longer have a claim for alienation of affection. To learn about the elements required to sue for alienation of affection, read our article Infidelity and Alienation of Affection.

Could you still pursue a criminal conversation case against the former paramour?

Yes, you could still sue for criminal conversation, so long as you could prove that sexual intercourse occurred between the spouse and the paramour.