Alimony modification

i need to modify an alimony order …i used to live in n.c. but moved to florida…is there a way to do a modification without personally going back to n.c. to do so ? could i hire a lawyer to do it for me ? i am working 3 part time jobs and do not want to loose them …thanks !

If the alimony is the result of a court order then you could file a motion to modify. If the alimony is contractual then the contract would have to provide for modification.

could i hire a lawyer to do that for me ? i do not live in n.c. any more… do i have to show up to court personally ?