Alimony modification due to job loss

I need to temporarily reduce my alimony payment until I find another job. I can’t pay mortgage, bills and alimony each month. I simply don’t have enough income with unemployment. I need to know how to do this legally.
Please advise.

Thank you
Jim S

If it is court ordered alimony you may file for a modification, but if it is contractual, and there is no provision for modification, then it is non-modifiable.