Legal Separation

As Payor, what happens with regard to Spousal Support (permanent alimony) if I were to lose my job or become medically unable to work?

What if I cannot maintain my income at present level, even though I still work?

not an attorney
I think you could maybe get it modified through the court.

Alimony may be modifiable depending on if it part of a court order or a separation agreement. You can refer to our website for some basic information on the modification of alimony.