Dear Hillbillychick:

Greetings. If your case fits the statutory requirements for an annulment, then yes you can get one. Go up to the top of the page, click on “Search” in the upper right hand corner, look up annulment. If you believe that your facts fit one of the basis for annulment, let me know and I will tell you what I think. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I was only married for less than 8 weeks. Is there anyway that I can get an annulment instead of waiting a year to get a divorce? I really need help with this. I am preparing to move out of state and don’t want to have to return for this divorce. Can any one help me?

Staci Barnes