Another paperwork question

I have gotten a QDRO signed by a judge for distribution of my ex’s retirement account. The original and two copies have been stamped and the original filed. Instructions sent to me by the counsel for the plan administrator says that I must send them a “certified or true copy of the entered order.” Should the file stamped copy suffice or will I need to obtain a more official copy?

You need to go to the clerk’s office and obtain a certified true copy with a seal. I believe the cost is $3.00.

Thanks Erin! How long after the order is filed (today) should I be able to get a certified copy?

You should be able to get one immediately, though sometimes in certain counties it takes the clerks a few days to get the file back from the courtroom.